The World Cup here is very intense, people go all out unlike 80% of Americans (including myself) who don't particularly keep up and understand soccer aka football. After we went to the beach for the 100th time we went looking for a place to go for lunch.
Now during the World Cup (when Costa Rica is playing) everything is closed. Every store, every place (except for the beach) is closed. We ended up finding a bar where people went to watch the game (Costa Rica and the netherlands). Now before this I never realized how crazy people can get over soccer. People got loud and a little crazy which is all good in the hood. It was just interesting to watch how people strongly loved this sport. If you were wondering, we wern't the weird americans who didn't enjoy watching it. My parents were getting a little crazy (you were mom... and dad). Me and my brother were more focused on other things but all in all it twas a good game. Even though Costa Rica did lose, everyone kept their spirits high which was great.
Just a little story about the beach today..... I was just chilling in the ocean with all the crazy currents when my brother decided to sit in a rocky area, where I decidede to sit aswell because I tend to follow my brother (not the best idea). Since the waves were crazy I bascially got pounded by a bunch of rocks and now I have many, many welts on my legs and elbows. Whereas my brother got one little stratch on his elbow...I have the best of luck

No comments:
Post a Comment